The generator should be started at least once every 14 days and allowed to run for at least 20 minutes. For longer term storage, please follow these guidelines.
1. Allow the engine to cool completely before storage.
2. Clean the generator.
- Use a damp cloth to clean exterior surfaces of the generator.
- Use a soft bristle brush to remove dirt and oil.
- Use an air compressor (25 PSI) to clear dirt and debris from the generator.
- Inspect all air vents and cooling slots to ensure that they are clean and unobstructed.
3. Drain all fuel completely from the fuel line and carburetor to prevent gum from forming.
4. Add a fuel stabilizer into the fuel tank.
5. Change the oil.
6. Remove the spark plug and pour about ½ ounce of oil into the cylinder. Crank the engine slowly to distribute the oil and lubricate the cylinder.
7. Reattach the spark plug.
8. Store in a clean, dry place out of direct sunlight.