Grant Enfinger, No. 98 Jive Communications Toyota Tundra
NASCAR Camping World Truck Series
Texas Motor Speedway – WinStarGamingOnline.com 400
Race No. 7 of 23
Laps Led: 0
Driver Points: 7th
Owner Points: 8th
Grant Enfinger Race Recap:
Grant Enfinger, driver of the No. 98 Jive Communications Toyota Tundra, made his Texas Motor Speedway (TMS) debut in Friday night’s NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) WinStarGamingOnline.com 400. Starting fifth, Enfinger finished fourth in Stage 1, seventh in Stage 2, and restarted the final stage from the 13th position. Happy with the balance of his Jive Communications Toyota Tundra, the ThorSport Racing driver was able to work his way through traffic late in the 167-lap event to finish third, under caution, behind race winner, Christopher Bell.
The top-three result was Enfinger’s second consecutive top-three finish, and his second top-five finish of the 2017 season.
“Overall, it was a really, solid weekend. Probably the best overall weekend from the start of practice to the end of the race we’ve had this year. Really proud of the effort we’ve made. We had good speed. We were a little tight at the beginning of the race, but at the end of the race, I feel like we were as good as anybody. We struggled with track position for whatever reason, but feel good about things going into the main part of the season. For the past few races, we’ve been getting better and better.”
- The NCWTS had three practice sessions on Thursday in preparation for Friday night’s WinStarGamingOnline.com 400. Grant Enfinger was 11th, second, and ninth, respectively, in each session.
- In his TMS debut, Enfinger started fifth, ran as high as third, and finished third. His second consecutive top-three result.
- The Jive Communications driver earned bonus points in both Stages for finishing inside the top-10.
- In seven starts in 2017, the ThorSport Racing driver has led 18 laps en route to two top-five and four top-10 finishes.
- In 21 career NCWTS starts, Enfinger has one pole, one win, and has led 68 laps en route to four top-five, and nine top-10 finishes.
- Enfinger’s ThorSport Racing teammates finished fifth (Rhodes), ninth (Crafton), and 16th (Coughlin).
- Up Next: The Drivin’ for Linemen 200 at Gateway Motorsports Park in St. Louis at 8:30pm ET on Saturday, June 13.