Grant Enfinger, No. 98 Jive Communications Toyota Tundra
NASCAR Camping World Truck Series
Martinsville Speedway – Alpha Energy Solutions 250
Race No. 3 of 23
Laps Led: 0
Driver Points: 8th
Owner Points: 11th
Grant Enfinger Race Recap:
Grant Enfinger, driver of the No. 98 Jive Communications Toyota Tundra, made his second career start at Martinsville (Va.) Speedway in Saturday’s NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) Alpha Energy Solutions 250. Starting a track-best 10th, Enfinger proved to be a strong contender early, finishing fifth in Stages 1 and 2. Just prior to the conclusion of Stage 2, a caution was displayed at lap 137 of 140, forcing the Stage to finish under caution. The No. 98 team opted to stay out and benefit from the point payout for finishing top-10 in the Stage, while other teams opted to pit early for track position.
After making a pit stop for four tires, fuel, and a chassis adjustment, to aid in a tight Toyota Tundra, Enfinger would restart from the 20th position for the 101-lap shootout in the Final Stage. Running lap times as fast as the leaders, the Sunoco Rookie of the Year contender worked his way up to the 14th position, and look poised for a solid recovery. Unfortunately, contact with the No. 13 Tundra on the final lap would force the ThorSport Racing driver to loose valuable track position and cross the stripe in the 17th position behind race winner, Chase Elliott.
Quote: “The Jive Communications Toyota Tundra was handling really well at the beginning of the race. We just lost track position with Stage 2 ending under caution. We fought back, but got pushed around at the end, which is not where we wanted to be. My ThorSport Racing team built one heck of a Tundra for this weekend. Unfortunately, we didn’t get the finish to prove it.”
- The NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) had one practice sessions on Friday afternoon in preparation for Saturday’s Alpha Energy Solutions 250 at Martinsville (Va.) Speedway. Grant Enfinger was 20th-quick overall in the 50-minute session.
- Saturday’s Alpha Energy Solutions 250 marked Enfinger’s second NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) start at the .526-mile track. Enfinger started 10th, ran as high as fifth, and finished 17th in the 250-lap event.
- In two career starts at Martinsville Speedway, Enfinger has two top-20 finishes.
- The ThorSport Racing driver was the fourth-highest finishing Sunoco Rookie of the Year contender in the 250-lap event at Martinsville Speedway.
- In three starts in 2017, the Jive Communications driver has led four laps en route to one top-10 finish (Atlanta).
- In 17 career NCWTS starts, Enfinger has one pole, one win, and has led 54 laps en route to two top-five, and six top-10 finishes.
- Enfinger’s ThorSport Racing teammates finished ninth (Crafton), 19th (Coughlin), and 20th (Rhodes).
- Up Next: The Toyota Tundra 250 at Kansas Speedway on Friday, April 12 at 8:30pm ET on FOX Sports 1.