Grant Enfinger, No. 98 Champion Power Equipment Toyota Tundra
NASCAR Camping World Truck Series
Michigan International Speedway – LTi Printing 200
Race No. 13 of 23
Laps Led: 0
Driver Points: 7th
Owner Points: 9th
2017 Stage Wins: 0
2017 Stage Bonus Points: 58
2017 Playoff Points: 0
Grant Enfinger Race Recap:
Grant Enfinger, driver of the No. 98 Champion Power EquipmentToyota Tundra, made his second career start at Michigan International Speedway in Saturday’s NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) LTi Printing 200. Starting sixth, the ThorSport Racing driver battled a, “free” Toyota Tundra throughout the 100-lap event and finished 15th in Stage 1, and 10th in Stage 2. Restarting the final Stage from the fourth position, due to a fuel-only pit stop at the conclusion of Stage 2, Enfinger was able to maintain a spot inside the top-five for the ensuing 10 laps, but fell to 10th with 25 to go. The ThorSport Racing driver would settle for an eighth-place finish behind race winner, Darrell Wallace, Jr.
“We struggled from the drop of the green flag. We had a good truck yesterday, and for whatever reason, just missed it for the race, and had to work on it a little extra. By the end of the race, we weren’t bad, but we weren’t good either. We finished eighth, that’s about the truck we had.”
- The NCWTS had two practice sessions on Friday in preparation for Saturday’s LTi Printing 200 at MIS. Grant Enfinger was third, and 10th-quick, respectively, in both sessions.
- In his second start at MIS in the NCWTS, the ThorSport Racing driver started sixth, finished 15th in Stage 1, 10th in Stage 2, and eighth in the 100-lap LTi Printing 200 at MIS.
- In two NCWTS starts at MIS, Enfinger has two top-10 finish (2016).
- In 13 starts in 2017, the ThorSport Racing driver has led 23 laps en route to five top-five and eight top-10 finishes.
- In 27 career NCWTS starts, Enfinger has one pole, one win, and has led 73 laps en route to seven top-five, and 13 top-10 finishes.
- Enfinger’s ThorSport Racing teammates finished sixth (Crafton), 11th (Rhodes), and 21st (Coughlin).
- Up Next: he UNOH 200 at Bristol Motor Speedway on Wednesday, August 16 at 8:30 p.m. ET on FOX Sports 1